Contact another organisation

Filter by:

  • Rights of people with disabilities

    National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities

    The National Advocacy Service (NAS) provides an independent, confidential and free, representative advocacy service. NAS has a particular remit for people with disabilities who are isolated from their community and services, have communication differences, are inappropriately accommodated, live in residential services, attend day services and have limited informal or natural supports.
    For more information, you can access the NAS website at the following link: National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities

  • Rights and welfare of children

    Ombudsman for Children’s Office

    The Ombudsman for Children may investigate a complaint made by a child, a family member, or a professional, who has dealings with the child. The bodies that may be investigated by the Ombudsman for Children include Government Departments, the HSE, schools, and public hospitals.

  • Homelessness and social housing

    Mercy Law Resource Centre

    Mercy Law Resource Centre is an independent law centre, registered charity and company limited by guarantee, which provides free legal advice and representation to people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in the areas of social housing and related social welfare law.

  • Older people

    Age Action Ireland

    Age Action supports and advocates for equality and human rights for older people in Ireland.

  • Disability rights

    National Disability Authority

    The National Disability Authority (NDA) is the independent statutory body that provides information and advice to the Government on policy and practice relevant to the lives of persons with disabilities.

  • Disability rights

    Disability Federation of Ireland

    DFI’s vision is an Ireland where people with disabilities and disabling conditions are fully included and enabled to reach their full potential.

  • Vulnerable adults, older people and healthcare patients

    Sage Advocacy

    Sage Advocacy is a support and advocacy service for vulnerable adults, older people and healthcare patients,

  • Intellectual disability

    Inclusion Ireland

    Inclusion Ireland champions the rights of people with an intellectual disability in Ireland through securing the full implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities (UNCRPD).

  • Independent living for people with disabilities

    Independent Living Movement

    Independent Living Movement aims to ensure that disabled people achieve Independent Living Choice and control over their lives and full Participation in society as equal citizens.

  • Support for housing rights


    Threshold’s mission is to prevent homelessness and to campaign for housing as a right by providing independent advice and advocacy to vulnerable people.

  • Community law and mediation

    Community Law & Mediation

    Community Law & Mediation is a community law centre which provides free legal advice, advocacy and mediation and education services.

  • Legal aid

    The Legal Aid Board

    The Legal Aid Board is the statutory, independent body responsible for the provision of civil legal aid and advice to persons of modest means. Legal advice is any oral or written advice given by a solicitor or barrister, including writing letters and negotiations. Legal aid is representation by a solicitor or barrister in court proceedings. The Legal Aid Board has a number of centers across the country, and the best way to find the one most convenient to you is to contact the Legal Aid Board directly.

  • Homelessness

    De Paul

    De Paul exist to serve homeless individuals or families, at risk caught in the spiral of homelessness deprived of all control of their lives.


  • Homelessness

    Dublin Simon Community

    Dublin Simon Community empowers people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response and other  targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership

  • Returning migrants

    Cross Care

    Crosscare Migrant Project is a Dublin based NGO providing information and advocacy support to Irish emigrants
    and people who have moved to Ireland.

  • Legal advice

    Free Legal Advice Centres

    The Free Legal Advice Centre (FLAC) provide confidential, basic legal advice for free and in person across all areas of law. FLAC offers a network of advice clinics around Ireland and you may be able to identify the most suitable one at the following link: Legal Advice Clinic.

  • Citizen's Information Centres

    Citizen’s Information

    Citizens Information Centres (CICs) provide free, impartial information, advice and advocacy from more than 215 locations around the country.

  • Personal data protection

    Data Protection Commissioner

    The Office of the Data Protection Commissioner was established to protect individuals’ right to privacy by enabling people to exercise control over how their personal information is used, in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. If a person or organisation holds personal information about you on computer or on paper file, you may ask them if they hold such information and to give you access to it. Section 3 of the Data Protection Acts provides that you have a right to find out and/or be given a description free of charge, of information held about you. Section 4 of the Data Protection Acts says that you have a right to obtain a copy of such information.

  • Unfair treatment by a public body

    Office of the Ombudsman

    The Office of the Ombudsman examines complaints about the administrative actions of Government Departments; the Health Service Executive; local authorities and various other State agencies. Complaints can be made in relation to a wide range of issues, such as entitlement to public services, taxation, housing, education and social welfare.

  • Private landlord and tenant dispute

    Residential Tenancies Board

    The Residential Tenancies Board is an independent statutory body which provides a dispute resolution service for landlords and tenants.

  • Social welfare appeals

    Social Welfare Appeals Office

    The Social Welfare Appeals Office operates independently of the Department of Social Protection. It aims to provide an independent, accessible and fair appeals service with regard to entitlement to social welfare payments and to deliver that service in a prompt and courteous manner.

    The main role of the Social Welfare Appeals Office is to provide a fair and independent appeals procedure where a person is dissatisfied with a decision given under the Social Welfare Acts by a Deciding Officer or a Designated Person about their entitlement to social welfare payments or the insurability of their employment.

  • Social welfare information

    Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection

    The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection’s role is to promote a caring society through ensuring access to income support and other services, enabling active participation, promoting social inclusion and supporting families.

    Please find below a list of contact numbers for services:

    – DSP Income Support Helpline for people impacted by COVID-19. Tel: 1890 800 024
    – Information Services – Tel: 1890 66 22 44
    – Free Travel, Household Benefits, State Pension, Domiciliary Care, Widow(er)s Pension, Widowed Parent Grant, Blind Persons Pension – Tel: 1890 500 000
    – Carer’s Allowance, Carer’s Benefit, Disability Allowance, Disablement Benefit, Invalidity Pension, Bereavement Grant – Tel: 1890 927 770
    – Supplementary Welfare Allowance – Tel: 071 9157100
    – Homemakers – Tel: 1890 690 690
    – Respite Care Grant – Tel: 01 6732222
    – Illness Benefit, Injury Benefit, Medical Care – Tel: 1890 928 400

  • Freedom of Information

    Office of the Information Commissioner

    The Office of the Information Commissioner investigates complaints of compliance with the FOI Acts and also provides information to the public in relation to the Acts. In general terms, under the FOI Act a requester makes a request for records (electronic or paper documents) and the public body must issue a decision on that request within four weeks. The Public Body may decide to release all of the information requested, to release part of it, or to refuse all of it. A requester may appeal the decision to the public body (within 4 weeks). The public body must carry out a review and issue a further decision. In the event the requester is still not satisfied they can appeal to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
    For further guidance on how the Office of the Information Commissioner interpret and apply the Freedom of Information Act, you may wish to access the following link: Guidance Notes.

  • Employment rights / Equal treatment in services

    Workplace Relations Commission

    Information and Customer Services (ICS), formerly known as Workplace Relations Customer Services, is responsible for the provision of information relating to employment rights, equality and industrial relations matters by means of a telephone call-in service manned by experienced Information Officers